I knew a day would come when someone would nominate me for one of these, and it’s been a while since that happened. Several reasons kept me from doing this post, but today is the day you will always remember as… Uh, you know what? I can’t pull that dialogue off.
The kind person who nominated me for this award is libbyvine, who runs a blog about children’s books. Do check it out and share the love. 🙂
The rules are:
- Thank your nominator
- Show the award on your blog
- Answer 10 questions asked to you
- Ask 10 questions to 10 new nominees (who have less than 200 followers)
- Notify them
Without further ado, let’s jump into the Q&A part. Facing a slight writer’s block *shudder*, I’ve decided to answer as many of them as possible with images.
1) What city/town do you currently live in?
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
2) What book are you currently reading?
3) Who is your greatest living hero and why?
Well, this one is difficult to answer because a lot of people I idolise are no more. I’m going with J. K. Rowling because she’s my second favourite fantasy author and her rise to fame hasn’t been easy. I’m not hoping to become as famous as her, but I find her writing worth emulating.
4) How many books do you hope to read this year?
50, as a part of the Goodreads challenge this year.
5) Where would you like to go on vacation?
Middle-Earth! However, it’s fictional *sigh*, so I’ll settle for the picturesque New Zealand.
6) Which is your favorite children’s book character? Why?
Frederick Algernon “Fatty” Trotteville from Enid Blyton’s Five Find-Outers and Dog. He’s witty, a natural leader, generous, clever at disguising himself, a ventriloquist, a skilled poet and orator. He wants to grow up and be a detective. He’s also very humorous and puts Mr. Goon in his place often. As a child, the character fascinated me a lot and I longed to be as intelligent as him.
7) Do you read paper books or e-reader?
A bit of both, actually. I’ve been reading e-books on my phone a lot these days, but I don’t own a Kindle device. Given a choice between a paperback and an e-book, I’d definitely pick up the physical copy.
8) Where do you like to read?
My reading nook is my bed in my room.
9) Please recommend your favorite book you read last year in 2015
10) Why should readers follow your blog?
Can I just skip this one, please?
I’d say it’s because you don’t come across a lot of 20-year-olds who write and aspire to become a novelist, much less one who blogs regularly not to earn money or for publicity, but simply to spread the joy of writing, and a follow will go a long way in encouraging such an individual.
Phew! Now for the easier portion. Here is the list of people who I’ve nominated:
The set of questions that the 10 ‘Chosen Ones’ are to answer:
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What does your name mean? If you’re not using your real name, what’s the story behind your username?
- What is your comfort food?
- What is your favourite book/series and what is one unique thing about it?
- As a child, what profession fascinated you?
- Which city do you think is the most beautiful in the world?
- If you were to become a superhero, what power would you like to have?
- What’s the nicest comment you’ve received about your blog/writing till now?
- Which song is stuck in your head as of now?
- If you could watch only one movie henceforth, which would you choose?
Well, this was fun! Dear reader, please do go through these blogs. I’ve only selected those that have less than a 100 followers, yet churn out some excellent content. I follow them all and believe that they deserve to be recognised.