I intend to keep this post short because I just received some devastating news and it has totally put me off. However, I made myself a promise that I won’t skip a day in September, so here is the customary Monday post, the last for the September Reading Month.
21 Facts About Me As a Reader
- I usually read on my bed.
- I never stay in any one position for more than an hour.
- I forget to drink water when I’m reading and emerge from a book hours later with a dry throat.
- I have lost a lot of sleep due to books because some are just that good.
- I absolutely cannot multi-task when I’m reading.
- I prefer physical books to e-books.
- I don’t own a Kindle.
- My favourite genre is fantasy.
- The Lord of the Rings changed my life.
- I have read the entire Twilight series.
- I desperately need the next book in The Kingkiller Chronicles.
- I have never given a one-star rating to any book because I don’t want to hurt the author or his/her sales of the book no matter how bad I felt it was.
- I have never DNF-ed a book.
- I own very few copies of actual books.
- The first work of fiction I remember buying is The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
- One world I would love to revisit is the Wizarding World by J. K. Rowling, especially the Marauders’ era.
- I believe that the books are always better than the movies.
- I dream that one day a famous author will reply to my tweet.
- I want to read more books on writing, probably starting with On Writing.
- I prefer novels to short stories.
- I’ve finished 41 out of 50 books on my Goodreads challenge for this year.
What fact can you relate to most? Also, if you want to reveal your reading habits, head to the Comments section below. Better yet, do your own post and link back to mine if you feel like. I’d love it if this became a thing on the blogosphere!